Rapid Bay was our next stop over and this was a place that didn’t disappoint. The negative side was, you won’t find a 🥧 only a stunning coastline. On the positive side there was a bakery only 25 odd mins up the road at the nearby town of Yankalilla.
After our epic stay in Rapid Bay we packed up and headed towards Christie’s Beach, but before we go there I quickly popped into the town Yankalilla and checked out the Yankalilla Bakery.
Owner Anthony sadly wasn’t aroud when I visited. He’s had this place for just tick on 5 years. Anthony is another owner with zero baking experience. An Accountant by profession this 🥧 legend has recruited a A list team to run this bakery. Open 7 days a week and employing over 28 staff this is a serious operation.
The bakery itself is massive and once again the cabinet display is very impressive. The feel here is quite funky it’s got a casual vibe about the place but has a classy selection of food on offer.
Speaking of the Big Breaky 🥧 that was the first sign to catch my eye upon arrival. This had me intrigued and I wanted to know more. The staff said this was not your normal “Breakfast 🥧” and strongly advised I give this one a go.
🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – $6.80 represented pretty good value for this 🥧. It wasn’t the biggest of 🥧’s I’ve had but it certainly wasn’t the smallest either. 8.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – First class !!! This 🥧 was totally full. No complaints here. 10/10
3. Flavour – Excellent !!! Absolutely loved it. Kransky, spinach, cheese, bacon, egg and relish. The relish sauce was the best bit by a mile, it tasted beautiful. The flavour in this 🥧 was of the highest quality. Great job guys. 10/10
4. Pastry – Side bake was a little underdone as was the bottom but this was nothing major. The pastry flavour itself was really nice. This was a heavy 🥧 and the base held firm to the last bite, which totally surprised me. Overall very good. 8.5/10
5. Serving Temperature – This 🥧 was bloody hot !!! Sadly I had to wait a little longer than usual and even then it was still hot. 7/10
🥧🥧 44/50 🥧🥧
As far a breaky 🥧’s go this one was right up there. The flavour and meat ratio were outstanding !!! The combination of ingredients in this 🥧 was perfect and as mentioned earlier the relish sauce was superb. The negatives were really minor, with the overall score bought down by the serving temperature. This 🥧 was extremely hot. Overall this particular flavored 🥧 I would have again without hesitation. The bakers have done a great job with this one.
This is a cracking bakery and a place that must be added to your own 🥧 map. Heaps of parking and plenty of seating inside and out. This little community is so lucky to have a bakery of this quality. A massive thanks to Tracey and the rest of the team for there hospitality. The girls were so busy but still took the time out to chat to me.
As mentioned in the opening sentence, Rapid Bay is truly magical. We were only meant to stay 2 nights but extended our stay to 4. The campground is right on the beach and the caretakers were very helpful. Highly recommended.
Later this week night I will be posting my review of The Bakehouse Aldinga. This was a stunning 🥧, so you don’t wanna miss this one.
Don’t forget the new website is up and running and one of the big features is the 🥧 map !!! Every review is available at the click of a button. Just jump on www.pyneyspiereviews.com and visit the site.
As always thanks for the ongoing support and please invite all your friends and fellow🥧 lovers to the page.