Woombye Bakery and Cafe
Hi 🥧 lovers it’s bloody awesome to be back on the Sunshine Coast and even better to be doing a local 🥧 review. It’s been quite some time since I’ve visited one of our local gems and the place I was traveling to is right up there on that list.
Only a short 30/40 min drive from Noosa you will find the bustling town of Woombye. This town was established in 1868 as a staging depot and hotel for Cobb & Co stagecoaches. It was the halfway point on the road between Brisbane & Gympie after the discovery of gold in Gympie.
Now in the middle of town you will find the Woombye Bakery and Cafe. Owner Danielle Freeman has had this place for a little over 7 years. The original Woombye bakery was build in 1900 and was situated a little further down the street. The current building used to be the towns Blacksmith but now has been transformed into a place where locals meet for great food and coffee.
When Danielle moved up from the Gold Coast 7 years ago she had no baking or cafe experience. This amazing woman worked as a paralegal but soon decided she wanted a crack at owning her own bakery and the rest as they say is history.
This place is mega busy employing 4 bakers and 18 staff in total. Whatever you want, Danielle and her staff can make it for you !!!! I was so surprised how busy this place was and the enormous variety of food that was on offer. I was so distracted by the amount of glorious food around me, I couldn’t wait to tuck in and get this review under way.
Danielle was very confident I would love her protein and 3 veg 🥧 !!!! Yep that’s right I’m was about to try my first Country Chicken 🥧 and couldn’t wait to get stuck in.
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – $5.50 !!!! This was ridiculous value !!!! When you take into account the quality and quantity of ingredients that filled this 🥧 it was worth every cent. This was a no brainer. 9.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – This 🥧 was almost jammed packed. Hardly any room left. 9/10
3. Meat Flavour – Huge tender pieces of chicken, cheese, carrots, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, white sauce, pepper, salt and special seasoning !!!! WOW !!!! WOW !!!!You could taste every single ingredient with every bite. The special seasoning topped it off. 9.5/10
4. Pastry – Easily the best part of this 🥧. The top was puff pastry, super flakey and crusty while the bottom was so soft but held together until the very last bite. The flavor of the bottom of this 🥧 was really good. I absolutely loved this pastry. It’s a massive call but nearly the best pastry I’ve ever had !!!!! 10/10
5. Temperature – Absolutely perfect. Straight out of the oven and into my gob !! Cooked to perfection. 10/10
🥧🥧🥧🥧 Overall 48/50 🥧🥧🥧🥧
I could easy describe this 🥧 with words and dribble that would make any English teacher proud, but I won’t !!!! I’m just going to give this 🥧 5 AWESOMES !!!!! Once again not the normal choice of 🥧 for me, but HOLY 💩 balls it was crazy crazy good. The pastry was easily the best part. The softness and taste was mouth watering, plus the $5.50
price tag is top value.
This place has absolutely everything and trust me you won’t leave this place hungry. The whole time I was there my tongue was dragging on the floor. I had one eye on the 🥧’s and the sausage rolls, and the endless varieties of sweets and cakes. The more I looked the more Danielle tried to feed me !!!!
This bakery is so easy to find you won’t get lost. It’s smack bang in the Main Street of Woombye. If you haven’t been to Woombye make sure you add this bakery and this sensational town to your travel plans. This bakery and the town can get very busy but don’t be alarmed there’s plenty of parking available.
Once again this is another business success story. With zero baking experience Danielle has created an incredible business through bloody hard work and she’s achieved this on her Pat Malone. If she’s not in the shop marshaling the troops she’s at home ploughing through paperwork.
A huge thanks not only to Danielle but to all her staff for there hospitality. It was super busy and all the staff were so accommodating. I had so much fun and could have stayed for hours.
Nearly every bakery that I have visited & reviewed the owners have absolutely no idea who I am and what they are in for. It can also be very daunting and somewhat intimating for these guys but the response has been overwhelming and I’m truly grateful to them for allowing me to visit their businesses and allowing me to share there stories.
Now that the borders are officially closed my reviews will be QLD based and may be for some time. So if you would like me to visit your favorite bakery don’t forget to shoot me a message.