Tully and Mission Beach was our next destination and unfortunately the whether wasn’t the best, it was raining and bloody cold. This bad whether wasn’t going to stop me smashing a few 🥧’s and stop me and Julie exploring the area.
After spotting a few cassowary’s and checking out the big gum boot, I wanted to hit a bakery that was recommended by one of the bakery reps and the one I was hitting was Tully Hot Bread Shop.
This bakery was owned by Percy and Ellen for many many but due to poor health they sold and new owners Emma and Troy took over in May this year. Troy has worked in the area for years, but worked in this one for 10 years before buying the place and making it his own. While Emma was working in the banana industry in the area, but has recently resigned and joined Troy in the bakery.
Choosing a 🥧 was a very easy choice this week. I simply asked Emma what’s her favorite 🥧 was and she said “Cheese n Bacon” so that was good enough for me and that’s the one I went with.
🥧THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – $5.70 is pretty good value for a 🥧 of this size. It wasn’t the biggest 🥧 I’ve seen nor was it the smallest. In these days of high inflation any 🥧 priced between $5 and $6 is great value. 9.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – Once again it wasn’t a massive 🥧, but it was filled to the brim. Nothing more could have fitted into this 🥧. 10/10
3. Meat Flavour – Full of flavor, you could easily taste the cheese and bacon with every bite. The mince was fine and tender and tasted great. Job well done. 8.5/10
4. Pastry – Apart from the side and bottom bakes being slightly under done, the pasty was pretty good. Top bake, stability, color and shape were all good ✅. 8/10
5. Serving Temperature – A smidge hot, had to wait a couple in mins before digging in. This was only minor. 9/10
I’ve said this a number of times before, that a Cheese n Bacon 🥧 wouldn’t be my first choice to review, but I really enjoyed this one. It was simple but beautiful. The only real negative was the wet line on the sides and bottom bake of the 🥧. Overall, i would easily have another one of these 🥧‘s in a heartbeat and so would highly recommend this 🥧 to any 🥧 punter.
This is a old school bakery at its best. Only small but jammed packed with heaps of goodies to choose from. One item that caught my eye was the rainbow cream cake !!! Man it looked good !!! If your cruising through Tully or planning to add this place to your 🥧 black book.
Once again thanks to Emma and Troy for taking the time to see me and showing me around. This was a cold call and they had no idea who I was or why I was there when I arrived. They are a wonderful couple and I’m sure they are going to have huge success in this bakery.
Tully and the Mission Beach area is a must visit. Although the weather wasn’t the best we had a absolute ball. There is so much to see and explore so make sure you allow a few days to see everything.