Travellers Rest Cafe
On my recent road trip to Rockhampton I decided to pop into the famous Traveller’s Rest Cafe at Gin Gin. Some of you guys south of the border may ask WTF !!!! Is Gin Gin ? Well it’s about 45min north of Bundaberg and 3 hours south of Rockhampton. Smack bang in the main drag you will find the awesome duo of Tim & Jenny, serving amazing food but most of all baking crazy good 🥧’s !!!!!!!
These guys are bloody amazing !!!! Purchasing this place over 8 years ago and serving locals & travelers 7 days a week !!!!! These guys have put their heart and soul into this place. Choosing a 🥧 to smash was harder than picking a Melb Cup 🐴 winner. This place has over 25 different choices and they all looked damm good. After studying the 🥧 form guide I decided on the beef curry 🥧 !!!!!!
🥧🥧🥧 The Review 🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for money – At $5.80 this was a beauty. A great sized round 🥧 that funny enough resembles a small Yurt !!!!! 9/10
2. Meat Ratio – The photos didn’t do this 🥧 any justice. This baby was filled to the top of the puff pastry lid. Easy score 10/10
3. Meat Flavor – Man this was impressive !!!! The curry flavor added to the slow cooked meat was OUTSTANDING !!!!! The curry wasn’t overpowering either. Once again this was a no brainer 10/10
4. Pastry – This was a different tasting base not like others I’ve tried before. It was firm and held together nicely. The top was flakey but soft. Really good. 9/10
5. Temperature – Perfect, ready to tuck into straight away & eat. 10/10
🥧🥧🥧 Overall Score 48/50 🥧🥧🥧
Overall this 🥧 was a bloody beauty !!!!! My traveling companion Trevor Conroy smashed the Chicken, Cheese & Asparagus in about 3 mins !!!!!! I’m pretty sure zero complaints from him either. As I’ve said many times the best part about these visits is the people I met. Tim & Jenny are exceptional people like many small business owners they roll up their sleeves every day all day and have a crack !!!!!
So if your on the road or simply a local this place is a MUST STOP !!!!! With heaps of parking, pop in grab a few 🥧’s and have a chat to the crew. In these uncertain times these small businesses NEED our support more than ever and the crew from Traveller’s Rest Cafe are still open (takeaway) and serving 🥧’s and food for hungry Traveller’s
Once again thanks heaps Tim and Jenny it was a privilege to meet you guys and share your story to my amazing followers.
Also a huge thanks to Bridget Robertson for recommending this amazing place !!! Your a legend too !!!!! Plus once again to Kiss My Hide Custom Leather for the new blue kit !!!! Absolutely love it.