The Swagman’s Pie Sensation
Pyney’s 🥧 Reviews hit the road for 🇦🇺 day weekend and ended up in beautiful Nambour. Nambour is famous for two things “The Big Pineapple” & the mighty “Nambour Crushers Rugby League Team” Snuggled at the bottom of Arundell Ave you will find Swagman’s Pie Sensation. Anthony and his wife Pamela have had this place for over 16 years. Pamela
is a 3rd generation baker, with her family having the Mums’s Bakery in Bundaberg for many years. Anthony is a dead set legend !!!!! He’s a business owner, real estate agent, top 5 🇦🇺ranked Table Tennis Player but best of all he has been calling Horse, greyhound and harness racing at various race tracks all over 🇦🇺🇦🇺. This bloke has his fingers in many 🥧🥧🥧🥧. I love the fact that all ingredients in these 🥧’s are local products from the quality meat to various vegetables. All purchased from local business owners in Nambour. Fellow 🥧 lover Martin Boidin tagged along with me and we sampled many AWESOME 🥧’s but we chose the Chunky Steak, Bacon and Pea 🥧 for this review.
🥧 The Review 🥧
1. Value for Money – At $5.50 this was a monster 🥧. Seriously its a dead set workers 🥧. Unless you’ve got a mouth the size of Steve Tyler it’s impossible to bite this beast whole. You have to bite the top, bottom and sides to make a dent !!!!! Exceptional value 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – Bursting at the seams !!!!!! Seriously the top was going to explode there was that much meat in this thing 10/10.
3. Meat Flavor – WOW !!!!! WOW !!!! You could taste the Steak, Bacon and Pea with every bite. Right up to the last bit this 🥧 had ridiculous flavor !!!! 10/10
4. Pastry – Almost perfect !!! This 🥧 had a mixture of flakes and the right base. As all good pies should this 🥧 held together like glue right to the last bite. 9/10
5. Temperature – Perfect !!!!! Absolutely spot on. This 🥧 was smashed within 30 secs of coming out of the warmer and stayed hot right to the end. 10/10
Overall Rating 49/50 !!!!!!! 🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧
This is a massive score and throughly deserved. Anthony and Pamela run a bloody awesome business and it’s a real credit to them. With easy parking and super friendly staff this place is a must stop for any 🥧 lover. Once again a huge thanks to the team at The Swagman’s Pie Sensation for having me and Marts down. Also thanks to 🥧 enthusiast Ant Lister for the recommendation.