The Maleny Pie Guy
Yesterday saw me take the short trip up the range to the majestic town of Maleny. Only a short 40 min trip from Caloundra you will find this buzzing community. Smack bang in the main drag and directly across the road from the IGA you will find The maleny pie guy
Owner Jamie has been cooking 🥧’s since the early 90’s and this champion 🥧 maker has cooked them from the South of England to South Australia !!!! & eventually lobbing in Maleny. The very first 🥧 this bloke cooked won best 🥧 in a competition in the South of England. With all products sourced locally including meat from legendary suppliers
Maleny Black Angus Beef this 🥧 tasting was going to be nothing short of AWESOME !!!!! Jamie cooked me up one of his specialities Malaysian Rendang Steak Pie 🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧
🥧🥧🥧 The Review 🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – At $7.20 people could argue that it’s a little steep, but this was a good size pie and full of quality products. Plus it was very filling and a meal itself. Now days your paying $8 + for a Sanga so this was great value !!!!! 9/10
2. Meat Ratio – Almost Full and not much room for anymore meat. 9.5/10
3. Meat Flavor – OMG OMG !!!!!! This was seriously AWESOME. This beauty include the following – Chunks of Maleny Black Angus grass fed beef !!!! Slow cooked in a homemade sliced Rendang curry !!!!! Toasted coconut with fresh ginger garlic !!!! Turmeric, Kaffir lime and lemon grass !!!! WOW WOW !!!! This score was easy. 10/10
4. Pastry – Perfect !!!!! Very flakey and full of taste and once again held together beautifully. 10/10
5. Temperature – This 🥧 was a little hot for my liking but I was a eager beaver !!! Ready to pounce. But overall almost perfect. 9/10
🥧🥧🥧 Overall Score 47.5/50 🥧🥧🥧
Overall this 🥧 was QUALITY !!!! And made with love !!!! Those ingredients that filled this 🥧 are totally insane and full of flavors. Jamie has a serious talant and is so passionate about making quality 🥧’s from quality ingredients. This place is a ABSOLUTE MUST STOP. This place not only serves great food but coffee guru Sherelle will serve up a wicked coffee !!!!
Once again I’m so grateful to able to lob up to bakeries and meet such awesome people. Jamie is not only a great 🥧 maker but one of the nicest blokes you would meet. So this weekend take the scenic drive up the hill say gday to Jamie and Sherelle and try some of his masterpieces and spend time in the great little town.
Huge thanks Jamie for taking the time out of your busy day sharing your 🥧 journey !!!! 100% this 🥧 reviewer will be back.