The Bakehouse Aldinga
This 🥧 review is dedicated to the late Ross Wilson owner of The Bakehouse Aldinga ❤️❤️
This next review is the first of five bakeries I visited around the Aldinga, Maslin, Christies Beach area. Talk about getting smashed with 🥧’s, this was one of the biggest weeks I’ve ever had reviewing 🥧‘s. First on the review list was The Bakehouse Aldinga.
The Bakehouse Aldinga is located in the Aldinga Central Shopping Centre. Owners Karen and Ross brought The Aldinga country bakery in 2017.
They then fitted out the new shop where we are now while running the other one. Then in 2018 they moved into the new building and renamed the bakery to The Bakehouse Aldinga.
Karen and Ross had zero baking experience before jumping head first into the 🥧 business. Ross worked as a radio announcer for many years while Karen worked for Telstra. It was Ross’s love of 🥧’s that lead him into the baking game, but sadly during COVID Ross was diagnosed with Melanoma Cancer. From all reports he was a bloody legend and a fighter and fought this horrible disease head on, but sadly lost his battle in January this year.
The bakery has all your usual suspects plus a full sandwich bar that also looked awesome. As I had another two reviews locked in after this one i needed to get cracking so it was time to choose a 🥧 to review.
Choosing a 🥧 to review this week was one of the easiest decisions ever. I was here for the famous goat korma🥧. This was another 🥧 of the month creation and gee wiz it’s been popular. This was going to be my second goat experience and i couldn’t hide my excitement.
🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – $6.80 tremendous value in my opinion. You just need to look at the ingredients in this 🥧. Oval/boat shaped 🥧 and the depth was more than acceptable. This is your classic gourmet style 🥧 and the overall value for money was top notch. 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – 95% full !!! Bits here and there but overall you are getting a great meat ratio in this 🥧. 9.5/10
3. Flavour – EPIC !!! EPIC !!! EPIC !!! Slow cooked goat, onion cashews, coconut, ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander, coconut cream, sour cream, garam masala, turmeric, ground cumin, cinnamon. OMG !!! This thing tasted insane. I loved every thing about this flavour. 10/10
4. Pastry – Excellent !!! shape, colour, and shrinkage all very good plus the stability was first class. The actual pastry flavour itself was really nice and the top was super flakey. The top and bottom bakes were also good but had the slightest of wet lines. This was only very very minor. Overall the pastry was first class. 9/10
5. Serving Temperature – No issues here !!!! The temp was perfect. 10/10
🥧🥧 48.5/50 🥧🥧
OMG this 🥧 was outrageously good !!! The flavor in particular was spectacular. The slow cooked goat was incredibly tender and the korma curry and slightest of chili flakes were the perfect blend. The price, meat ratio and pastry were all very good. Only negative was the slightest of wet lines on the top and bottom bakes. This wasn’t a huge issues but evident in the photos. Apart from that this was almost the perfect 🥧. Rodney the baker has dead set nailed this one, great effort legend.
This is a ripping little bakery. The variety of products on offer here are endless and well priced. If you love your gourmet 🥧’s and goat in particular, you need to get into this place asap !!!
A huge shout out to the team for having me in. Kelly the manager and owner Karen run a tight ship here and have this place pumping. As mentioned earlier this bakery was Ross’s little baby and he would have been so proud of the quality of 🥧 the Rodney presented for this review. Make sure you add this place to your travel plans and tell the girls Pyney sent you.
Christies Beach Caravan Park was a cracking little spot, right on the beach and close to shops etc. Next week I will be posting a few photos from our stay.