Stone Artisan Bakers
A few weeks ago I was down in Redcliffe visiting the legends at All About Bakery Equipment and shortly after getting the tour of the show room, we started chatting 🥧’s and the bakeries I have visited and reviewed. Dave the owner gave me a several new options and locations for reviews, but strongly advised I make contact with Brad Clapham and visit his Stone Artisan Bakers Greenslopes
Brad has two passions !!! 🥧’s and Rugby and these passions has taken him all over this great county and over the ditch. Starting his apprenticeship in Lismore NSW in his mid to late teens, Brad then moved away and has baked glorious 🥧‘s and played rugby at locations such as Hayman Island, Darwin, Auckland before settling in Brisbane and operating is own store.
The bakeries current location has been around for many years, but Brad has been at the helm for just over eight. After getting the Greenslopes bakery cranking, Brad then opened up his second bakery over at South Bank. Far from being satisfied, Brad is about to take on his new challenge. In a tick over a week he will open his third bakery over at Mt Cotton. With the assistance from the crew from All About Bakery Equipment this new bakery has a real industrial feel about it and when finished is going to look stunning.
After meeting Brads team of bakers and getting the tour it was time to get started . As soon as I saw the menu board, I had my eye on one 🥧 only !!! The big V. The V that I was eyeballing wasn’t a vegetarian, venison, vegan, vegetables or Vag 🥧. The V was for Vindaloo and OMG it looked and smelt crazy good. I was about to get my mouth around a Lamb Shoulder Vindaloo 🥧 and man I was chomping at the bit.
🥧THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – $7.20 was excellent value for this 🥧. It was a very generous sized 🥧. When factoring in all the ingredients and cost of this ingredients $7.20 is more than satisfactory. Plus this was a good looking 🥧. 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – Overall pretty full, but in my opinion this 🥧 could have been a little more fill added. In no way am I complaining but the photos will indicate a bit more could have been squeezed into this 🥧 8.5/10
3. Meat Flavour – This was EPIC !!! Lamb shoulder, fresh chilli, sour cream, yogurt, onion, Garam masala, coconut milk, cracked pepper and salt !!!! Easily the best part of this 🥧. The meat melted in your mouth and was incredibly tender. Great great great !!! 10/10
4. Pastry – Perfect !!! Shape ✅, colour ✅ shrinkage ✅, stability ✅ bake ✅ Loved everything about this pastry especially the golden colour and flakes !!! 10/10
5. Serving Temperature – Spot on perfect 10/10
Overall Rating 🥧🥧 48.5/50 🥧🥧
2022 just keeps getting better and better for reviewing outstanding 🥧’s and this review was no different. This 🥧 was absolutely delicious !!! The flavor was chart topping insane, closely followed by the pastry. This experience was like going to the best Indian restaurant on the planet and ordering a lamb vindaloo curry, but way better. I could dribble on and on about this 🥧, but instead of doing that, just get into the bakery and try one first hand. Once again this was almost a perfect score, with the only negative being the meat ratio could have been slightly more. Apart from that everything about it was perfect. I also got stuck into several other 🥧‘s including the lamb and rosemary and the Beef Wagyu and both were outrageously good (photos attached)
This bakery is a pocket rocket, and is crazy crazy busy all of the time. The serving area may be small, but don’t let that fool you, everything you want and more is here. The range of 🥧‘s, breads, savoy’s and sweats are next level. I wanted to sample every food item on offer here, but Brad kept bringing 🥧 after 🥧 out until i was in a complete food coma. The operating hours of, 6am – 6pm Mon to Fri and 6am – 4pm weekends means you have no excuses not to get in and try the 🥧‘s and every other item available.
Brad, I cannot thank you enough for your time and hospitality. Running 2 bakeries, soon to be 3 is a massive operation and to give up your valuable time and share your journey with me is much appreciated. The passion you still have after all these years in the industry is inspirational and infectious. I cannot wait to get over to Mt Cotton in the next few weeks and check out the new store.