Pomona Artisan Bakers
🥧 lovers our Hinterland journey continues to the beautiful town of Pomona. This little gem is famous for 2 reasons. The annual King of the Mountain race and Pomona Bakery 🥧🥧. Owner Anthony and baker Simon have over 50 odd years experience making these masterpieces and you won’t be disappointed. Every 🥧 is made fresh with home made recipes and slow cooked meats. My pie of choice today was a Chunky Steak Pepper 🥧🥧
1. Value for money – At $5.90 this was great value, the 🥧 was a oval shaped beauty with great depth and above average size. 9/10
2. Meat Ratio – Filled to the very top with quality meat. Couldn’t fit another drop and mine was bursting at the seams !!!! 9/10
3. Meat Flavor – Absolutely loved it !!!!! Great size chunks of meat with the pepper flavor not to strong. Probably the most important part of the pie in my opinion and the boys here have nailed it !!!! 10/10
4. Pastry – With layers and layers of pastry this was superb. So fluffy and flakey, but most importantly the entire 🥧 stayed together right to the last bite. 9.5/10
5. Temperature – Perfect !!!!!! I didn’t give it enough time to get cold. It was spot on and ready to eat straight away. 9/10
This 🥧 was magnificent !!!! I could have easily smashed another 🥧🥧. Once again a huge thanks to the lads for letting me back stage to take photos and asking a million questions. This bakery is a must stop for any local or traveler passing through this awesome little town. With ample parking and plenty of sit down room for a coffee their are no excuses why you wouldn’t stop. Make sure you mention Pyney’s 🥧 Reviews and the team at Pomona Bakery will take care of you !!!!