Petes Village Bakery
With COVID restrictions hanging around like a bad smell, once again my review this week had to be Sunshine Coast based. This time dropping in to the bustling village of Yandina. Smack bang on the main road you will find Pete’s Village Bakery. This place has been serving up sensational 🥧’s since 1981 and owners Peter & Julie have been their since day dot.
Peter is a 4th generation baker, his father Jack owning the Windmill bakery in Nambour. In 1981 Peter & Julie took a huge gamble and established their own bakery in Yandina.
Now as everyone knows starting up a new business is bloody had work. Throw in raising 3 kids plus traveling all around the area, the state , the country and eventually the world makes this success story even better. See Peter & Julie have a son who is pretty handy at riding a motorbike !!!! Former Moto GP rider Chris Vermeulen 🏍🏍
So while juggling a business these guys were traveling all round the country side supporting and helping Chris chase his dreams !!!!! Along for the ride were sisters Renita & Jess who now work the family run business helping mum and dad.
This bakery has it all with over 17 varieties of 🥧’s, Sangas, wraps, hot food and traditional bakery treats !!!!! Add in quality coffee and 15 amazing staff.
Now I’ve been coming to this bakery for years so choosing the perfect 🥧 to review was quite a easy choice “Beef Curry”
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – $5.50 !!!! Yep that’s right $5.50 !!!!! This is one of the cheapest 🥧’s on the coast. At that price you wouldn’t expect a huge size well think again !!! It was. This was exceptional value. 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – Great value and almost full. One of Julie’s golden rules with her bakers is “don’t be skimpy on meat” this didn’t disappoint. 9/10
3. Meat Flavour – The curry flavor was terrific not overpowering but enough to know it was around !!!! The huge chunks of meat were tender and plenty full. 9/10
4. Pastry – The top was so flakey and absolutely perfect, although the bottom was a little soft it was actually really good. 8/10
5. Temperature – Once again this temp was perfect, no waiting required or burning of the upper roof of your mouth !!! 10/10
🥧🥧🥧🥧. Overall 46/50 🥧🥧🥧🥧
This was a really good 🥧. This place doesn’t disappoint I’ve been coming here for years and NEVER had a bad 🥧. The biggest stand out for me is the PRICE $$, AMAZING BLOODY VALUE !!!!!!
Pete & Julie’s story totally blew me away. Both in their early 60’s but work like 20 year olds. Over the past 39 years these guys have created an amazing business, raised a beautiful family but most importantly given so much back to their much loved local community.
So this weekend, make this bakery a must stop. With easy parking, plus copious varieties of 🥧’s and other delicious foods to choose from, this place is divine.
Julie a huge thanks for having me in and allowing me to share your journey. I could have stayed for hours and chatted all things 🥧’s, motorbikes & caravanning.
Your story is incredible and very inspiring. One of the biggest things that sticks out for me is your continued passion for baking quality food and the genuine love and care you have for your staff.