Peregian Beach Bakery
This weeks 🥧 review saw a couple of firsts for me, a bakery that I’ve never been to and a 🥧 I’ve previously never considered trying. So I ventured about 20mins down the road from my place to Peregian Beach. Peregian Beach is located on the northern end of the Sunshine Coast about 10 mins from Coolum Beach and 15 mins from Noosa Beach. On the beach side of the village and opposite the Surf Club you will find Peregian Beach Bakery.
Business partner’s Kristina and Brendan have had this place for over 15 years. Now this isn’t their first rodeo working together. These 2 baking geniuses have been working together since their teenage years. They both started in the corporate world in Brisbane, then Brendan left the big smoke and lobbed on the Sunny Coast where he worked at Hyatt Coolum. Then a opportunity came up to purchase the bakery at Peregian and boom they did and the duo were back working together.
While only small, this place has everything you want and more. The choices of 🥧’s are a plenty then you’ve got wraps, sweets and a abundant variety of breads. Crammed into this food haven are 13 super keen staff ready to take care of all your cravings.
After watching Trevor and his daughter apply their trade out in the engine room it was time for me to get to work and choose a 🥧. This was going to be a difficult choice because every single 🥧 in the warmer looked so good. I looked away for a second then in walked Kristina with 5 !!! chunky pepper steak, Steak and Bacon, curried chicken, potato and Mexican. I didn’t want to be rude lol lol so I started testing all of them. Every single one was quite unique and varied in flavor and taste. But I was drawn to Kristina’s favorite the Mexican 🥧.
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – At $5.90 this 🥧 was terrific value. It was a fair size and quite deep. Also the mixture of ingredients that made up this 🥧 was superb. 9/10
2. Meat Ratio – As the pics prove there was hardly any space between pastry and meat. As Pete from Billy’s Backyard Bbq says “plenty of fuel in the bugger” 9.5/10
3. Meat Flavour – Now to be honest I’m not a huge fan of Mexican Food, but this 🥧 was bursting with incredible flavor. Tender meat, kidney beans, black beans, capsicum, onion and delicious melting cheese. To top it all off their was a little kick of 🔥🔥. I really enjoyed the overall flavor 10/10
4. Pastry – Yep !!!! Very good, flakey and crispy on top while the bottom held together beautifully. 9/10
5. Temperature – Anything that has melted cheese on it, has to be tread very carefully !!!! 9/10 times you end up burning the 💩💩 out of your mouth or worst case your chin. This wasn’t the case with this 🥧. It was a perfect temp. 10/10
🥧🥧🥧🥧 Overall 47.5/50 🥧🥧🥧🥧
This was Pyney’s first Mexican 🥧 and I absolutely loved it. The stand out was the flavor and slight after kick that came with it. Every single ingredient you could taste, while still enjoying the pastry flavor. Until now this type of 🥧 wouldn’t be on my radar when stepping through any bakery door. But after smashing this beauty, I’m a converted man !!!!! Like most bakeries I visit the bakers continue to knock out new recipes and flavors that blow me away.
I’m am a little biased but Peregian Beach is one of my favorite spots on the Sunny Coast, which makes this place a little ripper. This place is fully operational 7 days a week !!! So don’t drive through Peregian, turn at the Peregian Pub grab a park and pop in and grab a few 🥧’s. The whole village has a vibrant atmosphere and if you haven’t been there before you will be hooked in no time.
You would think after 15 years in business together Kristina and Brendan would be thinking of slowing down. Well think again these guys are always striving to be the best in the business and continue to pump out new varieties of 🥧’s for loyal locals and passing travelers.
Again thanks for the entire team for having me in and letting me loose in your business. What makes this place special and many others I visit are the people. Kristina and Brendan are amazing people and incredibly humble and would give you the shirt of their backs. I sincerely thank them their time on Wednesday.