Before we left for the cape, I raced up to Bundaberg to watch a few of my footy players strut their stuff. While I was there, I had a few hours to kill so I thought I’d take the short drive from Bundaberg up to Moore Park Beach and review another little hidden gem.
I’m talking about Paradise Bakehouse. Situated in the IGA shopping complex on Murdochs. This place is a little ripper. This is where I met owners Huyen and Lam. They took over this existing bakery in February 2021 and haven’t looked back.
Lam has been baking for over 7 years and learned his trade over in WA working for family run bakeries. While Huyen a nurse by profession has ditched the whites and has been Lam’s sidekick since they took over last year.
Unfortunately I was pressed for time and need to get this party started. After a quick tour, it was time to take a gander over the list.
The selection of ’s at this bakery is off the charts. You name it they bake it and everything on the list looked EPIC. But this week I wanted to go old school and review my favorite flavored ’s !! “Chunky Steak & Pepper” as soon as Lam bought it out of the warmer I knew it was going to be first class.
1. Value for Money – Look this wasn’t huge, but the $5.50 price tag was absolutely on point. While it wasn’t that deep, it still was a decent size oval shaped . If you ever complained about this price tag, seriously you need to give yourself a uppercut. Excellent value. 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – Great value !!! This was full. Once again it’s not the deepest of ’s it was full to the brim. A perfect mix of chunky and mince too. 10/10
3. Meat Flavour – Very good. The pepper content was spot on and had a bit of that after bite. The meat chunks were a decent size and melted in the mouth. As far a chunky pepper ’s go, this was right up there in flavor. 9.5/10
4. Pastry – Extremely good. The pastry had a beautiful golden color and the stability was perfect. Bottom bake was a tad raw but only a smidge. Overall this was almost perfect. 9/10
5. Serving Temperature – Could have been a tad warmer but overall pretty good. 9.5/10
As they say good things come in small packages and It’s so true in the the case of this . This wasn’t huge, but it was BLOODY beautiful. it’s a is a real working man/tradie . The price tag of $5.50 was exceptional value and worth every cent. The meat was incredibly tender and the pepper inside had a little extra kick which I loved. I have ZERO hesitation recommending this to any loving legend. Keep up the good work Lam !!!
This bakery and Moore Park Beach is a must visit. Only 25 odd mins out of Bundaberg but it feels like a eternity away. The area is so peaceful but stunning and has so much on offer.
A massive thanks to Huyen and Lam for having me in. It was their first day back after their Wedding and Honeymoon and the place was super busy. These guys are absolute champions and are successfully running a cracking business. Another great success story of a young couple having a crack in the business world and making a real fist of it.