Noosa Outlook Bakery
With Mother’s Day this weekend there’s no better present than taking your mum to your favourite bakery for a 🥧 !!!!! So this week I went looking for a perfect place to take her and I think I found it !!!!!!! My journey was a short one and led me to the Noosa Outlook Hot Bread & Patisserie. To be fair I’ve been eating their 🥧’s since about 2005 so this review is long over due.
Looking back the amount of 🥧 I’ve actually eaten at this place would be scary !!! Owners Tony & Karen took over this place back in 2005 and have never looked back. Tony spent 35 years painting and while Karen started out as a pastry chef she also changed professions and went into nursing. Skip a few years and eventually they found their niche baking glorious 🥧’s !!!!! Tony with no baking experience and was self-taught with the help of son Marcus.
This place is a real family affair, kids Marcus & Ngari have been there since day dot and now grandson Reece has joined this team of 15 staff. Situated in the bustling Outlook shopping complex on St Andrews Dr Tewantin this place goes off !!!! 🥧’s , cakes, coffee, wraps this place has it all and over the past 15 years I’ve tried nearly everything in this place. Tony & Dave (Baker) convinced me to try one of their famous Curry 🥧’s & most probably the only 🥧I haven’t tried there.
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – This is a first, we have a square 🥧 !!!! Square 🥧’s are hard to find, It’s like finding a 4 leaf clover. Well at $5.50 this was a terrific size. It’s not very often you find a 🥧 under 6 bucks and this one was a beauty. 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – No skimping here !!! this 🥧was filled almost to the top, hardly any room left at all. 9/10
3. Meat Flavour – This 🥧 was so good, the curry flavour had a bit more kick than I expected. The meat chunks were large and tender and melted in your mouth. 9/10
4. Pastry – The top was outstanding. Flakes dropping off everywhere while the bottom was a little to firm for my liking. This 🥧 held together right to the last bite. 8.5/10
5. Temperature – Perfect !!!! not boiling hot or slightly cold. This baby was ready to east straight away. 10/10 –
🥧🥧🥧🥧. Overall 46.5/50 🥧🥧🥧🥧
Overall this pie was really good. To find a 🥧 at $5,50 is like finding Harold Holt laying on the beach !!!! This size in particular for the price is exceptional value. I’m not a huge Curry 🥧 fan but this one hit the spot. The curry flavour was the right mix and the meat was so tender.
Tony & Karen are amazing people that have worked their arses off to create a great family run business. These guys should be retired and putting their feet up but instead they are in the bakery most days pumping out trays and trays of 🥧’s while doing it with huge smiles on their faces. To see 3 generations working together and creating something special is a great story and one these guys should be super proud of.
So this weekend grab your Mum and pop in and try one of their 🥧’s, grab a coffee and make sure you say hello to Tony and the team.