PYNEY’S 🥧 REVIEW GOLF EDITION ⛳️⛳️
Hi 🥧 legends I did promise you something different for this weeks review and that’s exactly what your gunna get. Most of you know I’m a 🥧 tragic !!!! But another passion of mine is Golf (sadly no good at it) but I absolutely love it !!!! So last week I ventured out to my local track Noosa Golf Club to try one of Chef’s Tony Rogers creations !!!!
For all you golf nuts Noosa Golf club is situated in Tewantin and I may be a tad biased but it’s one of the best golf courses on the Sunny Coast. Chef Tony has been around the area for the past 10 years, working at various top end restaurants in Hastings Street before lobbing at the Golf Club restaurant.
Tony has a crew of 4 helping him in the kitchen and can be found creating and serving outstanding food daily and 3 nights a weeks and functions on weekends.
Now this place is no bakery but Tony pumps out bloody heaps of 🥧’s. Whatever variety and ingredients you’re thinking this champion is tossing them into 🥧’s. His latest masterpiece is the Triple B !!! Beef, Bacon & Beer. Don’t know about you guys but that’s every blokes dream !!!! But I wasn’t there for the Triple B, I was there to smash one of Tony’s finest creations.
This wasn’t my first rodeo !!! I have been smashing Tony’s 🥧’s for years. Normally i would have the traditional beef 🥧, but this week I was taking on the legendary Frankenstein 🥧 !!!! Probably the only 🥧 I’ve ever had that’s named after a hideous sapient creature. Make no mistake this 🥧 looked far from hideous – it looked outstanding !!!! and i couldn’t wait to tuck in.
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – $6 for members and $6.50 for non members. While the depth of the 🥧 isn’t huge the 🥧 was itself was a decent size in diameter. Some would argue that it’s smaller than your average bakery 🥧 but you need to take into account the quality of the ingredients as well. 7.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – The photos can be quite deceiving. While the pics indicate this 🥧 was half full, it actually was almost filled to the top. Also the 🥧 was littered with huge chunks of quality tender meat too. 8/10
3. Meat Flavour – One word “OUTSTANDING” slow cooked beef, bacon, mushroom, pepper, Indian curry then mixed in a thick gravy sauce. This was so good. The Indian curry was the best bit by far. This flavor was so so good. 10/10
4. Pastry – Loved it !!! Double pastry on top and a soft base. The base held tight right to the last bite and the top had incredible taste. 9.5/10
5. Temperature – Spot on !!!! No complaints here. As soon as Tony pulled it out of the oven it was ready to eat. 9.5/10
🥧🥧 Overall Rating 44.5/50 🥧🥧
Overall this 🥧 was really good. The 2 standouts were the flavor and pastry. The Indian curry was amazing and gave this 🥧 some real real star power. The pastry was also first class. No skimping here the double decker crust on top looked and tasted great. I guess the only negative was the size of the 🥧. While the diameter was great the depth wasn’t huge. To be fair, the average human would argue that it is a great size 🥧 but this 🥧 man loves a big 🥧 and has a big appetite !!!!!!
Whether you’re a golf nut or not this place is 100% worth the stop. If you are playing golf shoot up the kitchen after 9 and grab one of these babies or after your round pop up stairs smash a 🥧 while washing it down with a few schooners.
The name itself is intriguing but believe me the Frankenstein lives up to its name. This is another example of a quality chef trying something different with huge success. All of Tony’s 🥧’s are completely made from scratch and on site so they are super fresh.
Again huge thanks to Tony and his crew for having me in. He’s a super busy dude but is always up for a yarn and more than willing to give up his time.
If you haven’t had a hit on the course your dead set missing out. The various wildlife you will see is worth the green fees alone. The boys in the pro shop are all 🥧 eating champions and will take good care of all your golfing requirements.