Maleny Bakery Cafe
Firstly I’d like to send out my thoughts and prayers to everyone that has been affected by the recent floods. There has been total devastation in some communities and towns. Lives lost and livelihoods and businesses gone. Over the next few weeks and most likely months these people affected and businesses will require a lot of support and love, so please support these businesses where-ever possible. Ok let’s get into the review.
About 4 weeks ago I posted my review from the Sunshine Coast Hinterland town of Flaxton. While I was on route to this review, I went past the Maleny Bakery Cafe and soon realized, this was a bakery, I’d heard so much about and one of only a hand full of bakeries I hadn’t reviewed on the Sunshine Coast. I quickly got on the blower spoke with the owner Kevin and nec minute, I was there.
Current owners Kevin and wife Phuong have been here for almost 7 years and recently purchased the
Woombye Bakery and Cafe (already reviewed in 2020). The Bakery is easy to find, It’s right in the Main Street of this crazy busy town.
Phuong’s family has been in the industry for years, while Kevin a former IT consultant, has been in the baking game for a tick over 6. Open 7 days a week from 6am daily (7am Sunday) this bakery has a very generous selection of glorious goodies. Everything made here is fresh and made on premises. One of the things that jumped out was the cabinet display and the quality of products in these cabinet. Gee al the food here looked incredible.
After having a quick look at the menu, I immediately wanted to give the Butter Chicken 🥧 a crack. This was going to be my first Butter Chicken experience and gee it looked and smelt terrific.
🥧THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – $6.50 was pretty good value for this 🥧. Nice and round and a standard sized 🥧 in my opinion. All the gourmet style 🥧‘s, I’ve been reviewing of late are approximately around this price tag. Overall very reasonable. 8.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – Great value, 95% full and the fresh chicken pieces were huge. 9.5/10
3. Meat Flavour – loved it !!! Once again this flavor was exactly like ordering your traditional butter chicken dish from your favorite Indian Restaurant but better. The curry was also perfect and the perfect blend. Beautiful !!! 10/10
4. Pastry – Perfect !!! Shape ✅, colour ✅ shrinkage ✅, stability ✅ Top and bottom bake slightly under cooked. While only minor you can see it in the photos. However I did like the odd sprinkle of sesame seeds on the top of the pastry. I’ve never seen that before and I was a nice touch. 8.5/10
5. Serving Temperature – Once again another perfectly served temp. 10/10
🥧🥧🥧 46.5/50 🥧🥧🥧
The last two reviews have had a Indian curry theme and both have been a huge success. I’m giving my first Butter Chicken experience a massive thumbs ✅✅ Easily the best part for me was the flavor. The curry was a perfect blend and the chicken pieces were tender and huge. If you like your butter chicken, this 🥧 is a absolute must try. I absolutely loved it.
Maleny and in particular this bakery are a must visit, but be warned this town gets extremely busy especially on weekends. Also if you can choose a clear day (good luck with that at present) the views up the range are well worth the drive alone.
To Kevin, Phuong, Steve (manager) and all the staff a monumental thanks for having me in. I did surprise Kevin by bringing the Ch 7 news crew and he handled it like a pro. You wouldn’t meet a nicer/genuine human that Kevin. He’s a ripping fella and I wish him and Phuong all the best. Don’t forget if you cannot make it up to Maleny the crew at the Woombye Bakery will take good care of you.