Hi 🥧 lovers as mentioned earlier in the week the 🥧 tour was sadly cut short by a few weeks due to the second outbreak of COVID 19. But before we headed back to the Sunshine State we had one last stop over. Now i’m pretty spoilt living on the Sunshine Coast but I think I’ve found a place equally as majestic and pristine. This place is Forster/Tuncurry !!!! WOW what a great place.
After settling into the caravan park i quickly hit the streets to ask locals where’s the best place was to grab a 🥧. The response was massive and pointed to one place and that was Lakesway Bakery.
The bakery itself has been operating for 30 years but baker/owner Brad has been here for 20 of these years. Brad’s a genuine local and started at this place fresh out of school and has been here ever since. This legend loves his footy and played a squillion games for his beloved Foster/Tuncurry Hawkes and now is a proud sponsor of the club. These days his time is consumed making magnificent 🥧’s and devoting time to his beautiful kids and wife Taleesa Bennett
This place is shoe box tiny and that’s no 🐂💩 !!!! But don’t be fooled this joint goes off !!!!! It was busier than Grand Central Station people running around everywhere and 🥧’s flying out the door. This small work space employs 11 staff I was totally blown away at the amount of 🥧’s this place was pumping out.
This weeks 🥧 of choice was left up to Brad and he steered me in the direction of his popular Curry Beef. While there was zero complaints from me I did have one eye on the traditional potato cheese and bacon 🥧. But in the end the Curry Beef won out and it was time to tuck in.
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – $5.30 is crazy value for a 🥧 of this size.. It was bloody huge !!!! Nearly as big & round as a frisbee. A smidge over 5 bucks is great value for money. 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – The photos didn’t do this 🥧 any justice. The meat was flowing out of this 🥧 like a raging river. Wasn’t much room left in this 🥧. 8.5/10
3. Meat Flavour – Now theirs Curry flavor and Brad’s very special curry flavor !!!! This 🥧 packed a serious punch 🥊🥊 and tasted crazy good. While the curry flavor wasn’t overwhelming you certainly knew it was there in my opinion was easily the best part of this 🥧. The meat was super tender and of the highest quality. 10/10
4. Pastry – The top was so flakey and had that butter taste. The bottom was mostly firm but fall apart slightly. The overall taste of the pastry was really good. 8.5/10
5. Temperature – A tad hot and I mean a tad !! but it literally popped straight out of the oven and into my mouth. It looked way to good to sit back and watch so I hooked straight in. 9.5/10
🥧🥧🥧🥧 Overall 46.5/50 🥧🥧🥧🥧
I absolutely loved this 🥧. The size and flavor were standouts. Once again the curry flavor was so good. Over the years I can count on 2 hands how many curry 🥧’s I’ve had but recently have developed a real liking for them and this one didn’t disappoint. While I was there I had to give one of Brad’s pepper 🥧’s a whirl and yep one world comes to mind. “OUTSTANDING”
Whether it’s 🥧’s, sausage rolls, cakes or bread this place has you covered. Pardon the pun but parking is a piece of cake and this place is so easy to find. So if your on holidays, passing through or maybe doing a 🥧 crawl this place is a absolute must stop !!!!
Brad and Taleesa are a wonderful couple and I massively appreciate the time they spent with me last week. Like most small businesses they have worked their absolute arses off and deserve every success that comes there way.
As most of you know I’m super passionate about 🥧’s and supporting small businesses. So to be able to share business success stories like Brad and Taleesa’s is a real privilege.
For those who haven’t had the chance to visit the Foster/Tuncurry area you are seriously missing out. It’s a place I would go back to in a heart beat. The beaches, cafes and most importantly the 🥧’s are superb !!!!