Kirra Beach Bakery
Kirra Beach is located on the southern end of the Gold Coast and one suburb from Coolangatta. This end of the coast was hit hard by Covid and the border on going border closures, with many people working in Qld and live just over the border or vice a versa. The whole thing has been a absolute 💩 show and this 💩 show has taken it’s toll on a lot of businesses around the Coolangatta and Tweed areas.
my first review this tour was the Kirra Beach Bakery. Located on the beach in Musgrave St this place has been serving 🥧 lovers for many many years. Owners Ross and Michelle have had this bakery for almost 14 years. During this period have transformed this once sleepy bakery into a thriving food haven that is incredibly busy all of the time. The best part about this place it’s open 7 days a week, plus you can grab a 🥧 almost any time of the day and night. The bakers start around 11pm nightly and throw the doors open for the hungry passer by or the patrons that are stumbling home after a big night out on the sauce and have a serious case of the munchies. I’m sure many of us are guilty of this, but it’s normally a Kabab we are munching on.
Unfortunately Ross and Michelle weren’t there when I rocked up, but I was greeted and looked after by 2 absolute legends in Tracey and Renee. In between serving hungry customers, the duo showed me around and gave me various suggestions on what 🥧’s I should try.
After chatting to the girls, i decided to try something I’ve never reviewed before and that was the “Chicken & Sweet Chilli” 🥧. Something very different but gee it looked and smelt amazing.
🥧THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – $6.40 was great value for money. It was slightly bigger than the one I reviewed last week and had good depth and width as well. Overall excellent value. 9.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – No words required !!!! Take a look at the photos. 10/10
3. Meat Flavour – My new favorite word “EPIC” !!!! This flavor was like nothing I’ve ever tried in a 🥧 before. The chicken pieces were super fine and the sweat chilli sauce was a masterstroke, then add in their special “Herbs and Spices” and man you’ve got this incredible flavor. This was easily the best part of this 🥧. A huge 👍‘s up here. 10/10
4. Pastry – Once again Shape ✅, colour ✅ shrinkage ✅, stability ✅ were all outstanding. The pastry has a beautiful flavor as well. Once again the top and bottom bakes were a tad undercooked. Apart from this, the pastry was pretty good. 8/10
5. Serving Temperature – Once again another perfectly served temp. I wasn’t waiting one second for this 🥧. 10/10
🥧🥧🥧 47.5/50 🥧🥧🥧
This 🥧 was simply stunning !!! Apart from the pastry being a tad under cooked this 🥧 would have been close to perfect 🥧. The flavor and meat ratio were the clear standouts. Words are not enough to describe the incredible flavor in this 🥧, so you will have to trust my word and pop in and give this one a crack for yourselves.
This bakery is super old school, with a modern day twist. The cabinet display throughout is first class as is all the food made here. While i was there I also had a few sneaky bites into their chunky beef and breakfast 🥧‘s, both were exceptional (photos attached)
Ross and Michelle a huge thanks for allowing me into your business and sharing your story. Also Tracey and Renee for their hospitality.
I’m a little biased but this end of the coast particularly Kirra/Coolangatta are my favorites. It’s a little more laid back than the other end, but close enough to the action.