It’s been a huge couple of weeks, the Easter Show was once again a terrific experience. I wanna send a massive thanks to Tony, Fraser, Adam, Paul and Jo for their hospitality and showing me the ropes in the bakery. It may take a few more shows but I will get signed off eventually.
Anyway, let’s continue on with our northern NSW road trip. After leaving Yamba we continued our journey south and made our way to the coastal town of Woolgoolga. Woolgoolga is situated about 25km north of Coffs Harbour and right on the beach.
After settling in to our caravan park, I went for a walk to suss out the best 🥧 joints. I didn’t have to go very far. I saw a sign that read Jed’s bakehouse and made a bee line for that sign and soon found the bakery. That’s where I met brothers Jade and Ned. The bakery has been around for a few years, but the boys have been here for about 11 months. During this time Covid/Border closures caused havoc to this tourist spot and particularly this bakery, but the lads dug deep and came out the other side. Open every day except Tuesday, the boys are fully committed to serve to the best product to hungry locals and tourists.
As soon as I walked in the bakery, something caught my eye straight away. It was sitting on the top shelf of the 🥧 warmer and looked bloody amazing. I knew immediately this was the 🥧 I wanted to smash and review. So with no hesitation in choosing the “Big Brekky 🥧” this thing looked and smelt terrific”
🥧THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – Look $7.50 was up there in price, but it was a decent size. The depth and diameter were impressive and totally full. Overall not bad value, it was a meal in itself, but a smidge pricey. 7.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – Totally FULL !!! Just take a look at the photos !!! Absolutely jammed packed. Zero room left on this 🥧. Excellent value !!! 10/10
3. Meat Flavour – I’ve said this before, I’m not a huge fan of the “Brekky 🥧” but this one was stunning. Sausages, mushrooms, egg, bacon, bbq sauce, tomatoes, pinch of basil topped with cheese. This thing was super fresh and tasted great. The sausage was extremely different but highly effective. Could have easily smashed another one. 9/10
4. Pastry – One word “Perfect” !!! The base was incredibly thin but tasted terrific. The sides were also perfect. This 🥧 was a heavy bugger and when tipped upside down the stability was ✅. This was my favorite part of this 🥧. 10/10
5. Serving Temperature – Once again with a 🥧 of this size it takes precision and judgement and get the serving temperature right and this one was perfect. 10/10
🥧🥧 46.5/50 🥧🥧
This 🥧 was super impressive. This 🥧 was fresh and every ingredient tasted epic !!! For me the pastry was the clear winner. As soon as I picked it up, I was thinking there was no way this pastry was going to hold together. I was totally wrong !!! It was stunning. Plus the sausage was a masterstroke it tasted so good. Overall one of the best Brekky 🥧’s I’ve had. The lads have done a super job with this one and I’m not surprised why it’s a top seller in the bakery.
Jed’s Bakehouse is smack bang in the main drag and 100% worth the visit. The boys have done a sterling job since taking over 11 months ago and thoroughly deserve the support of locals and tourists. It’s your old school bakery and has everything you need. Plus is was right across the road from our caravan park. As always a huge thanks to Jade and Ned for having me in. I didn’t know these lads from a bar of soap. I rocked up introduced myself and they welcomed me with open arms !!! Bloody Legends !!!!
This was our first time to Woolgoolga and it didn’t disappoint. This place is stunning. It was a shame the whether wasn’t the best, but we made the most of our time here and we will certainly be back. A huge thanks to the team at the Woolgoolga Beach Holiday Park, the park was in the BEST location and was exceptionally neat and tidy !!!! Also a must stop.