Imbil Town and Country Bakery
Hi 🥧 lovers last weekend the 🥧 man jumped in the caravan and headed out to the Island Reach Camping Resort at Imbil. For those not familiar with the area Imbil is a little village town situated about a hour north west of Noosa. While only small in stature this place is a little cracker. It’s got the 3 necessities every town needs a pub, a butcher and most most importantly a bakery !!!!!! While the first 2 have been serving locals for some time the 3rd is relatively new and has only been operating for just on 2 years.
The man behind the 🥧’s is Mike Potter he’s been in the baking game for many years and has worked in numerous bakeries all over the Sunshine Coast. A little over 2 years ago Mike decided he had enough working for other people and realized the Imbil community needed a bakery of their own so he created and opened Imbil Town & Country Bakery.
Everything in this bakery was started from scratch and the work Mike has done to get this place up and running is remarkable. This place is only tiny but is bursting at the seams with all sorts of goodies. Beware this place gets extremely busy but Mike has 6 staff running around taking care of all its hungry customers.
Choosing a 🥧 for this weeks review was extremely difficult as everything in the oven looked insane. Over the past 12 months I’ve reviewed all varieties of 🥧’s but never a Chunky Steak Sheppard’s !!! I took one look at Mike’s masterpiece and was totally hooked. I knew straight away that this was the 🥧 for this weeks review.
🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – At $6.50 this was terrific value as this 🥧 was mammoth !!!! Weighing in at 356grams this thing was bloody heavy. The depth of the 🥧 was also very good. Great value. 9.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – Take a look at the photos this 🥧 was totally full. Filled with creamy potato and huge chunks of meat !!!! 9/10
3. Meat Flavour – The flavor was amazing. Huge chunks of tender meat, creamy potato, bacon pieces, cheese, pepper and gravy sauce. The potato was so so good. 10/10
4. Pastry – When I first picked up this 🥧 I was concerned the arse end would fall apart similar to the Brisbane Broncos season. But I had nothing to worry about the pastry held together to the very last bite. The pastry was very impressive. 9/10
5. Temperature – Absolutely perfect !!!! Just the way I like it. This 🥧 didn’t last long. 10/10
🥧🥧 47.5/50 🥧🥧
This 🥧 was the bomb !!! I absolutely loved it !!! The only part I didn’t enjoy was my fellow camping buddies wanting to take a bite and sample my 🥧 !!!! Easily the best part was the creamy potato. The meat was so tender and the chunks of meat were huge. The weight of this 🥧 was incredible making the price point extremely affordable.
A wanna send out a huge thanks to Mike for having me in. He’s a bloody good fella and for the last 2 years has worked his butt off to turn this little dream into a reality. But the dream isn’t over, Mike has big plans for this place. Shortly he will commence work on the outdoor area that will include outdoor tables, timber decking and live entertainment !!!!!
Make sure you add this bakery to your little black book. It’s open 7 days a week from 4.30am to 3.30pm. Every time I go out to Imbil the place is jammed packed with people. The village is buzzing with so many things to see and do. The scenery on the way out is worth the journey alone.
This place continues to suck you in and keeps drawing you back. So many people have gone out there for a visit and nec minute are moving out to the area. If your thinking of a lifestyle change make sure you chat to Ron Jeffrey and his team at Ron Jeffery Realty his team will take good care of you.