Grindelwald Bakery / Cafe
Our stay at Launceston was exceptional and we still had a few days left to keep exploring. So we decided to head back to Cataract Gorge to finish off the walking tracks, then hop in the car and head up to Low Head and check out that area.
On our way up to Low Head we stumbled across a little village of Grindelwald and Tamar Valley Resort Grindlewald or as the locals call it “The Swiss Village” This place is a resort, conference centre, wedding venue, golf course, mini golf course and much more !!!! The best part of all it’s got a bakery/cafe in the centre of the village.
Once again this was the last place I’d expect to find a bakery, but I couldn’t leave the village without giving one of theirs 🥧’s a crack. With that I mind I walked into the joint to introduce myself. This is where I met the manager Bre. The resort was opened way back in 1989 and has certainly changed over the years. The bakery is situated right in the village itself and is open 7 days a week. It’s got a terrific selection of fresh homemade 🥧’s and a epic selection of cakes and savory’s. The bakery also has inside and outside seating options so if your in no hurry you can sit up and relax. Unfortunately we were on a bit of a time schedule so I needed to get cracking.
Choosing a 🥧 was going to be a easy decision. I was keen to give the scallop 🥧 a crack, but they were not quite ready. So my next choice was the “Steak & Bacon” the girls informed me that the 🥧 I selected was one of there best sellers.
🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – At $7.90 this wasn’t bad value. This 🥧 was a very healthy size in width and diameter. Yes it’s a little on the high end for a simple steak and bacon but it was quite a decent sized🥧. Overall very good value. 8/10
2. Meat Ratio – Not jammed packed but pretty close to it. You could have squeezed a little more under the lid but overall you would have been very happy with the meat ratio in this one. Plus the meat chunks in this one were huge. 9.5/10
3. Flavour – Not bad at all. The meat chunks were a really good size and super tender. You could also taste the bacon throughout this entire 🥧. Only negative was it and this was minor it lacked that little bit of extra flavor to give it that real zing. Overall pretty good. 8/10
4. Pastry – The pastry was really nice. Top and bottom bakes were cooked right through as was the sides. The 🥧 had a beautiful golden color to it and the pastry flavor was beautiful. The only negative and this was minor, was the gravy sauce was a little runny therefore making this 🥧 a little tricky to eat. 9.5/10
5. Serving Temperature – This little bugger was 🔥 and it was best that i waited a few minutes before tucking in. This wasn’t major but it was affected the the overall score. 8.5/10
🥧🥧 43.5/50 🥧🥧
This was a really nice 🥧. The overall negatives were very minor and areas that can be fixed and fixed very quickly. The pasty was superb, and the bake was perfect. What was impressive was the size of the meat chunks and how tender they were cooked. I would have no hesitation recommending this flavoured 🥧 to anyone. This bakery is a little beauty and the resort guests are extremely lucky to have access to quality 🥧‘s at their finger tips.
Aspect Tamar Resort is 100% worth the quick visit and look around. If your a golf and 🥧 tragic this place will be right up your alley. It’s a short drive up from Launceston. A huge thanks to Bre and the team for their hospitality. The girls were super friendly and accommodating.
I’ve gotta say our Launceston leg of the 🥧 tour was pretty bloody awesome. I’m so glad we stayed more than expected and got to explore the whole area. Cataract Gorge was easily the best part of our stay and 100% worth seeing.