Ferny Way Bakery
Happy Friday 🥧 lovers, last weeks review saw something massively different. So this week I wanted to get back to a traditional 🥧 review and what better place to do it than Ferny Way Bakery.
This place is well and truly your old fashioned traditional bakery. Situated in the north west Brisbane suburb of Ferny Hills you won’t find fancy or fun fair here, just old fashioned 🥧’s that have been satisfying hungry customers for nearly 50 years.
Owners Tony and Natalie have had this place for over 14 years, with the previous owners operating for almost 33 years !!! Tony has been working around bakeries in Brisbane for many years before finally taking over his own joint.
Open 7 days a week and employing over 16 staff this place has everything. I was only there for a few hours but local after local piled through the doors grabbing everything they could get there hands on. Meanwhile out in the engine room it was all hands on deck, with bakers/apprentices preparing, making and baking all different varieties of treats and goodies !!!!!
Two things grabbed my attention whilst I was browsing in the bakery. One was glorious assortment of 🥧’s I was about to devour. But the second was way more impressive, it was the huge cabinet of trophy’s and awards this joint has won over the years. I soon realized I was in the presence of baking legends so I was jumping at the bit to get started.
Choosing this weeks 🥧 was a bloody easy choice. This was is a traditional bakery so reviewing Tony’s traditional chunky beef 🥧 was a no brainer.
🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – At $5.80 this was good value. This 🥧 wasn’t huge but overall a decent size. Once again this is your traditional 🥧 and $5.80 represents good value. 8.5/10
2. Meat Ratio – As photos indicated this 🥧 was jammed packed with huge chucks of meat. Not a lot of room left at all. 9.5/10 !!!!
3. Meat Flavour – The flavor was terrific !!!! The huge meat chucks were super tender that melted in your mouth. Then add special seasoning and pepper and you’ve got a ripping tasting 🥧 9/10
4. Pastry – WOW !!!! OUTSTANDING !!! I could dribble on all day how good this pastry was but I won’t. You name it this pastry had it. The pastry held together perfectly and had incredible flavor. Up there with one of the best I’ve had !!!! 10/10
5. Temperature – Once again this temp was perfect !!! I grabbed it straight out of the bag and ripped and teared straight in. 10/10
🥧🥧 Overall Rating 47/50 🥧🥧
This 🥧 was superb and a tradie’s dream !!!!! it was clean, tidy and on its best behavior. Stable till the last bite that’s exactly what you want when your traveling in a car !!! Zero mess what so ever. For me the pastry was the clear winner, it was perfect as was the serving temperature. I could have easily smashed 3 of these babies !!!!
This bakery is obviously doing something right it’s been around for almost 50 years and shows no signs of slowing down. As previously mentioned this is a traditional bakery so you won’t find various varieties of gourmet 🥧’s !!!! What you will find are the best made traditional 🥧, cakes and bread. With that said this bakery is a absolute must stop, trust me you won’t walk away disappointed.
Once again a huge thanks to owners Tony and Natalie for having me in. You wouldn’t meet a nicer couple who have devoted themselves entirely to their children and providing quality 🥧’s and 5 star service to there local community.
If your around Brisbane this weekend jump in the car and head out Ferny Way Bakery grab a 🥧 or 3 and say G’day to the awesome team.