Hey 🥧 lovers the 🥧 tour continued on from Lightning Ridge and headed south down to Dubbo NSW. Now when you think of Dubbo the first thing that comes to mind is the famous Dubbo Zoo and while it’s very impressive Ive found somewhere just as impressive and that place is Farmer’s Bakehouse.
Owner Bart has had this place and lived in the area for years !!! He’s been a waiter & barista over the years and now concentrates on running a very successful Bakery business. Operations manager Steve informed me you can buy their awesome 🥧’s everywhere in Dubbo. That’s right if you cannot slip into the bakery the 🥧’s are being sold wholesale in various outlets across town plus 4 🥧 carts running around as well.
What I did notice was how busy this place was. I was there quite early and the girls in the engine room were crazy busy serving 🥧’s, preparing sandwiches and making countless coffee’s for the thirsty tradies and travelers passing through.
Choosing a 🥧 for this weeks review was a easy decision. I had to try the 🥧 of the fortnight !!!! The 🥧’s are that good here 1 week isn’t long enough !!!! So they run for a fortnight. The 🥧 of choice was a BBQ chicken, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and onion.
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – At $7 they are a tad on the expensive side, but the quality of ingredients couldn’t be faulted. The 🥧 was a decent size and quite heavy. 8/10
2. Meat Ratio – Virtually full, limited room left. If you were not happy with the meat ratio in this 🥧 your a hard task master. Also the ratio of individual meats was very evenly spread. 9/10
3. Meat Flavour – The flavor was terrific !!! The chicken was so tender plus bacon pieces were plenty full. The onions and mushrooms added to the flavor, then add the melted cheese to top it off. 9/10
4. Pastry – While it held together beautifully and was flakey in top. 8.5/10
5. Temperature – Perfect !!!! Zero complaints. Straight out the oven into the mouth 10/10
🥧🥧🥧🥧 Overall 44.5/50 🥧🥧🥧🥧
As previously mentioned in other reviews ordering a chicken 🥧 wouldn’t be my first choice but I really enjoyed this 🥧. The chicken pieces were bloody good and cheese was perfectly melted. The highlight was the quantity of the meat and the size of the pieces.
This bakery is very classy !!! The moment you walk in you know you’re going to receive quality service and have a huge choice of quality products.
On limited notice I wanna thank Bart, Steve & Andrea for having me in allowing me and doing a review. This place gets seriously busy and they didn’t hesitate to spend time with me.
Weather your staying in Dubbo or simply passing through, this place is a must stop . It’s got truck loads of parking plus very easy to find. If you just wanna chill for a while, smash your 🥧 or simply enjoy a coffee don’t panic there is heaps of table space in and outside.