Before Christmas i was cruising around the Sunshine Coast Hinterland and stumbled across one of the newest eating attractions to hit the area. I quickly popped in, introduced myself and was totally blown away by this joint and knew immediately knew I had to lock in a review here. Fast forward a few weeks and I found myself heading to to the Eudlogeneralstore_ and excited to be catching up with manager Kiera and Rory.
Eudlo is a little town situated in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland and is about 20 mins off the Bruce Hwy (Nambour Exit) The general store building is just shy of 100 years old and over this time has operated as a service station, antique & grocery store. After a total refurb this store re- opened its doors December 2021.
The new owners are no strangers in the food industry. The group also operates highly successful businesses such as Rice Boi, Market Bistro plus a host of others, so I knew I was in the right place to eat some of the highest quality of food going around.
Speaking of food, I had my eyes on the 🥧 warmer and a host of other delicious and tantalizing food options. When this place re-opened the owners and chefs vowed to create and bake the best 🥧’s on the Sunshine Coast. So after hearing this news, I couldn’t hide my excitement for much longer and wanted to get cracking.
Choosing a 🥧 for this weeks review was BLOODY hard !!! Once again it was like having to choose you favorite kid. Beef or chicken ? My head was spinning as several punters in the store were giving me both options. In the end I smashed both flavors but decided to base this review on the “slow cooked beef 🥧”
🥧THE REVIEW 🥧
1. Value for Money – Yes $8.50 is certainly up there, but this 🥧 was huge !!! Plus the ingredients and workmanship put into baking this 🥧 was incredible. I would have no hesitation paying this money again. This 🥧 was a meal and was priced accordingly. Zero complaints. 10/10
2. Meat Ratio – 95% full !!! A little more could have been stuffed into this pastry but in saying that the meat pieces in this 🥧 were massive and maybe another piece of meat may not have fitted. Overall all extremely good. 9.5/10
3. Meat Flavour – This flavor was next level spectacular !!! The slow cooked beef instantly melted in your mouth, and as previously mentioned the pieces of meat were mammoth. The sauces consisting of red wine, Worcestershire, HP and tomato paste were superb. Then the beef stock, salt and pepper made this flavor complete and perfect. Honestly this flavor was incredible. 10/10
4. Pastry – Colour, shape, shrinkage, top bake all perfect ✅ The bottom bake was ever so slightly under baked (photos will show) Apart from that this pastry was almost perfect and had perfect flavor too. 9.5/10
5. Serving Temperature – Spot on perfect !!!! No waiting !!! 10/10
🥧🥧 49/50 🥧🥧
This 🥧 was almost the perfect way to kick off 2022. Words cannot explain the flavor and taste. Every bite hit the spot and had me craving for more. The flavor was easily the best part. Some would argue that the price is a little excessive but this was a big 🥧 and worth every cent. 49/50 is a massive score and this 🥧 deserved every point. I’ve gotta mention the Chicken and Leek 🥧 it was just as good and well worth a try.
This place gets a massive ✅✅👍👍 from me. Everything about this place is first class. Every food item sold here is made by 4 well accomplished chefs and served by any one of the 10 amazing floor staff. The kitchen is open 7am to 2pm and store 7am to 4pm daily. If your around the Sunshine Coast this latest food attraction is a MUST visit. Eudlo and the other close by communities have so much to offer and worth exploring. I am extremely biased, but I’m extremely lucky to live in the best area in 🇦🇺
Kiera, Rory and the entire staff a monumental thanks for having me in and showing me around. Kiera you have this place pumping and the food dished up here is stunning. This is one place the “Pieman” will defiantly be returning to.
Don’t forget we have Pyney’s Pie Off coming up, so if you or a mate have what it takes to make me the finest home made 🥧 on the planet i wanna hear from you !!!