With the Sunshine Coast and the whole country going crazy over Corona Virus !!! & toilet paper shortage !!!! I thought I would keep the crazy theme continuing by visiting one of the craziest blokes I’ve ever met. This week I travelled to Dutchy’s Bakehouse and spent time with the legendary Dutchy and his fabulous staff.
I really don’t know where to start, this bloke was insanely funny and had me in stitches the whole time I was there. This crazy Dutchman has baking in his veins !!!! Dutchy was born in the family home above the Bakery, just outside Amsterdam. A 4th generation baker this bloke was learning to cook bread quicker than he learnt how to walk !!! After spending time baking in New York, San Francisco plus other counties around the world he found his way to 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺. About 15 odd years ago he lobbed on the Sunshine Coast and like all Dutch people do he brought a push 🚲🚲🚲 and then a bakery.
After about a hour of laughing we finally decided on the 🥧 I was about to devour. This was the Pepper Steak 🥧. So let’s get stuck in this review.
🥧🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for money – At $6.85 once again it’s up there in $$ but this 🥧 was a really good size and worth every cent. 9/10
2. Meat Ratio – No issue here, this baker personally checks every 🥧 to make sure each 🥧 is filled with the equal amount of quality meat. This 🥧 was filled up big time. 10/10
3. Meat Flavor – Bloody AWESOME !!!! Huge chucks of slow cooked meat (photo attached) garlic, onion, red wine plus other ingredients made this 🥧 easily score a 10/10.
4. Pastry – This was a tough one !!! The top of the 🥧 was crazy good, flakey and so tasty. But the bottom was a little thin for my liking and fell apart slightly at the bottom. 7.5/10
5. Temperature – This bugger was 🔥🔥 but to be fair it did come straight out of the oven and I wasn’t waiting for nobody to smash this 🥧. Almost perfect. 9.5/10
🥧🥧 Official Score 46/50 🥧🥧
Overall this 🥧 was really really good. Although the pastry was a little thin for my liking it really hit the spot !!!! The huge chunks of meat plus and the favors make this pie a must when visiting. Out of all the reviews I’ve done I’ve never seen meat chucks like the one in these 🥧’s.
After I tried the 🥧 I couldn’t resist the traditional Dutch sausage roll. OMG OMG !!!! Easily 50/50. I could have easily hate 4 of these rolls but this crazy Dutchman had one more item he insisted I try. That’s right his famous “Dutchy’s Beef Krokertton” deep fried and served hot, these things were unbelievable !!!! Slow cooked beef plus other ingredients (check photo) these beauties are a must. Once again 50/50 !!!!!
Honestly I cannot thank Dutchy and his staff enough for having me at his workplace. I’ve had the privilege of meeting some terrific people doing these visits, but this bloke was a a absolute crack up and so passionate about baking !!!! This place is a absolute must stop and to make things easier he’s got 2 shops Sippy Downs & Brightwater.
If you thought this visit couldn’t get any crazier think again !!! This bloke loves his Techno music and has Techno Thursday’s !!!! Yep that’s right if your around Thursday’s you can grab one of his awesome 🥧’s and get your Techno Fix while you’re there. So weather it’s this weekend or next Thursday stop in grab a 🥧 plus other goodies and have a chat to this terrific fella. I will guarantee you won’t be disappointed.