Hi guys, for this weeks 🥧 review I decided to keep up the Bris Vegas theme and decided to head a little closer into the city. My journey ended on Hamilton Rd Wavell Heights and eventually stopping at Carby‘s Bakehouse.
Owner and baker Andrew Carby has had this place for over 22 years. Now this bloke has had over 40 years baking experience and has worked in almost every baking joint across the state.
The first thing I noticed about this bakery was the vast variety of 🥧’s and other mouth watering treats that were on display. The cabinetry was pristine, the coffee looks inviting and the place was pumping with hungry customers.
A couple of things really disturbed me though. I saw one of Carby’s staff getting around in the NSW Blues shirt then nec minute I was chatting to one of the bakers that happened to be a crazy Manly fan !!! I was thinking man what have I just walked into, but then I saw trays and trays of 🥧’s so this review was starting to look promising. After meeting the rest of the team it was time to get started.
Andrew gave me 2 options for this weeks review and they both were his newbies !!!! I might add these newbies are racing out of the oven and straight out the door. The first one was his slow cooked silverside in white sauce !!!! But the second one caught my attention this was his Chicken Carbonara in creamy sauce. It looked inviting and I couldn’t wait to rip n tear !!!!
🥧🥧🥧 THE REVIEW 🥧🥧🥧
1. Value for Money – This ripper was terrific value at $6.30. This was a gourmet 🥧 with quality ingredients. The size was also decent making this 🥧 great value at $6.30 !!!!! 9/10
2. Meat Ratio – One word “FULL” this was a easy score !!!!! 10/10
3. Meat Flavour – I’m giving this flavor 5 AWESOMES !!! The chicken pieces were massive and so tender. then add onion, Parmesan, bacon and creamy sauce !!! WOW WOW !!!! Honestly this was incredible. 10/10
4. Pastry – Once again another 🥧 in a foiled tray and another 🥧 base that was on its best behavior !!!! The base never moved while the top was mega crusty and flakey. The entire pastry had incredible flavour. 9/10
5. Temperature – This temp was perfect !!! The speed at which this 🥧 reviewer smashed this 🥧 there was no way it was going cold !!!! 10/10
🥧🥧 Overall Rating 48/50 🥧🥧
This 🥧 rocked !!!!!! This is one 🥧 I wouldn’t normally order but it was so so good. Most of you know I’m a chunky steak pepper kind of guy, but this chicken carbonara one was up there !!!!! The flavour and meat ratio were faultless and the price tag was very reasonable.
I’ve said it a million times and I will say it again, these bakers continue to amaze me with the different varieties of 🥧’s they are coming up with. This was my first Carbonara 🥧 and won’t be my last.
Don’t be put off by the busy Hamilton Road this bakery and small shopping complex has loads of parking and is a absolute must stop !!!! Open 7 days 5am to 5pm, employing over 16 staff and with over 20 different flavors of 🥧’s you won’t walk away hungry or leave disappointed.
Look up the word “legend” in the dictionary and you will see a photo of Carby !!! He’s a ripping fella who has done everything and worked everywhere !!!!! When he’s not in the bakery coming up with new whacky 🥧 creations he’s a doting grandfather spoiling his granddaughter rotten. Thanks for having me in champion and allowing me to share your story. This was a great review and I could have spent hours chatting 🥧’s , footy but mostly 💩💩.
Once again guys I’m so humbled to meet the amazing bakers and their hard working staff. Now that the borders are slowing opening I will be hitting the road soon and booking in more bakeries to review.